Welcome to Episode 115
- How has sysadminning changed
- System Operator
- System Administrator
- BOFH references galore
- The ability to automate builds made it easier to build faster
- But systems were still mostly manually configured
- Now systems were not bound to hardware in the traditional sense
- VM Sprawl
- Meant larger fleets to manage
- Templating and cloning makes standing up new machines even faster/simpler
- Pets vs Cattle
- Disposable systems
- Infrastructure as code!
- On-demand functions like lambda
- Any predictions on what Sysadmin will look like in 10 more years? Or even 5?!
- Sysadmin in the classic sense
- Early Build Automation (such as kickstart, and ghost)
- Virtual Machines, and what that meant
- Config management and automation
- Cloud Deployments
- What’s next?
Watch us live on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month! Subscribe and hit the bell! https://www.youtube.com/IronSysadminPodcast
Discord Community: https://discord.gg/wmxvQ4c2H6
Find us on Twitter, and Facebook!
Subscribe wherever you find podcasts!
And don’t forget about our patreon! https://patreon.com/ironsysadmin
Intro and Outro music credit: Tri Tachyon, Digital MK 2