Welcome to Episode 117
- Preparing for Maintenance
- How do you make sure a new deployment is ready for prime time?
- How do you plan a maintenance window?
- Do you have pre-set maintenance windows?
- What is considered “down time” for your business?
- Or maybe just what isnt prime time?
- How do you prepare your team for a go-live?
- Is your new deployment well defined?
- Architecture diagrams?
- Can another admin jump in using your docs and troubleshoot a problem?
- Has it passed whatever security checks your business has?
- What about vendor involvement?
- How do you spend the first week (or weeks?) after go-live?
- Increased monitoring
- How do you “operationalize”?
- Patreon Update
- Get your Iron Sysadmin Merch at Teespring! https://teespring.com/stores/ironsysadmin
- Support the Iron Sysadmin Podcast AND try out Riverside.fm by using this link: https://riverside.fm/?utm_campaign=campaign_1&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=rewardful&via=ironsysadmin
- Jason finally beat halo infinite
- Nate’s still valheiming
- Truly open metaverse? https://opensource.com/article/22/1/open-source-metaverse
Watch us live on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month! Subscribe and hit the bell! https://www.youtube.com/IronSysadminPodcast
Discord Community: https://discord.gg/wmxvQ4c2H6
Find us on Twitter, and Facebook!
Subscribe wherever you find podcasts!
And don’t forget about our patreon! https://patreon.com/ironsysadmin
Intro and Outro music credit: Tri Tachyon, Digital MK 2